There is pressure on when it comes to delivering best man speeches, with particular pressure on the need to be funny with your speech thus making funny best man jokes indispensable in order to give a successful toast that everyone can enjoy.
Our popular post the top 20 best man jokes provides you with 20 of the funniest best man jokes ever, today we look at 6 funny quotes that can be used as jokes and continue with the theme of humor in your best man speech.
1) I am married and in my house I’m the boss I just allow my wife to be the decision maker. Woody Allen
2) I have no problem with my wife having the last word, I am just delighted when she gets to it. Walter Matthau
3) I love being married, it is great to find that one special person to annoy for the rest of your life. Rita Rudner
4) The husband who wants a happy marriage should learn to keep his mouth shut and his checkbook open. Groucho Marx
5) If you want to read about love and marriage then you need to buy two separate books. Alan King
6) Marriage – a word that should be pronounced “mirage”. Herbert Spencer
When using a quotation in your best man speech, you should open (using the example of Walter Matthau) with words to the effect of “In the words of the late great Walter Matthau … ” before continuing with your quote.
Quotes work particularly well when the best man is not married allowing him to say something like, “as I am not married, I had to turn to those who have been, in order to learn more about the subject.”
Further reading on the subject of wedding toasts can be seen at the top 10 wedding quotes to use in a best man speech.
Mixing quotes with a combination of jokes and one-liners throughout your speech will ensure that you provide much-needed humor in your speech, just be sure to balance things out with some complimentary positive endorsements about the love that the bride and groom share.